Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One Time, We Went to San Diego

So, obviously from the last post Marcie was here this past weekend.  We always tend to try to spend holiday weekends together.  Even if we don't necessarily get the holiday off of school....it reminded me of the time we struck off for San Diego, CA for the "weekend" a few years ago, 2006 to be exact.  It was near Columbus Day weekend so Marcie may have had some time off of school but I'm pretty sure it involved me telling my college professors I was getting my wisdom teeth out (again).  Since, we're documenting our fun times together in our anything but ordinary life on here, let me try to remember this venture out west....

At Hard Rock Cafe - clearly no one cared enough to tell me the curls and length of my hair did nothing except make me look like the Sphinx, thanks friends

Andrew was in San Diego for a few months playing Coast Guard so what better time to visit.  We flew to CA on a night flight from Atlanta to San Diego.  We sat with an elderly gentleman who drank a lot of gin and told us about his love for Jennifer Aniston.  We then went to a hotel that we had convinced Mama to book for us.  I guess since Andrew was with us she thought that meant we needed the "family suite".  Family suites are not made for siblings and their friends, they are made for parents and children.  Marcie and I opted for sharing the king size bed and gave Andrew the "not much bigger than a toddler sized" bunk beds.  Sorry, remembering that made me laugh out loud....

Sea World San Diego!  We saw Shamu

Okay so on this trip we walked all over San Diego, went to Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, Hard Rock Cafe, and ate dinner at the Yacht Club.  I distinctly remember dinner at the Yacht Club.  It was actually in the bottom of a hotel I stayed in the summer before when I went with FCCLA and ran after 2 precious girls for the week so that hotel was my point of reference for navigating us around the city.  All I really remember is they had really good Chicken Caesar Salads and if you order Andrew enough martinis he will pay for anything....
Petting Zoo in the San Diego Zoo

Petting Zoo again

Learning to drive Andrew's boat...

We flew home after a fun weekend on Sunday or Monday, not sure which day....I just know the stewardess was very adamant that we read the airplane safety instructions for how we could help if the plane went down.  I mean, seriously, we knew what to do, it was not our first rodeo on a plane.  Open the door, get your seat cushion (why in the heck we need a flotation device travelling over land is beyond me), and take the inflatable slide down.  We wanted to try and take the slide out when we landed in Atlanta however The Chief (Marcie's dad) doesn't usually laugh when we threaten to do things like that (because he knows we're serious) and seeing as he would be the next person we saw, we opted to just walk off the plane the normal way.

Marcie with those blessed instructions!!

All in all it was great fun.  Maybe Marcie remembers more details and can follow up.....or maybe she'll just tell you about another one of our weekend jaunts!!


No comments:

Post a Comment