Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How It All Began, Megan's Take....

I honestly can't say where it began....I have no idea.  I remember getting some new tennis shoes in middle school and at church one night Marcie said "oh, Megan got some new kicks" and it was awesome because one of the high schoolers had noticed my shoes.  Then it becomes blurry....things like seeing who could hold the most Alka Seltzer and Sprite in our mouths the longest, putting quarters in jars for 4 letter words, and riding places on the church box all seem familiar though.  Yes, we had good, wholesome upbringing thanks to First United Methodist Church of Moultrie, Georgia.  In 9th grade I remember being proud for getting Marcie's Algebra II book, little did I realize then that Math was one of our only weakness.  

Really though, it all started my Junior year of high school.  Marcie said when she started teaching I could do her bulletin boards then that year she graduated from Georgia Southern and moved back to Moultrie.  She. had. her. own. house.  Yes, that's right.  I used her for her house.  I also used her for the fact that regardless of what we were doing my mom trusted Marcie therefore if I was with her, I had no curfew and no questions were asked.  That summer Jena and I all but moved in and the rest is history.

History that we plan to write about here.  History of weekend jaunts across the country, graduations, treks across cities, car rides, spur of the moment plans and long range plans, trying to figure out who Becky is, shopping excursions, harassing others, playing handbells, and all those other things we like to call life.  Feel free to follow us and read about our adventures, or don't.  But if you don't, you're missing out.  We love each other and what we've brought to each other's life.  We think we're busy people but we'll make time for this.  Far too much time has passed and too many things have gone undocumented about our "Anything But Ordinary" life!!


No comments:

Post a Comment