Wednesday, July 25, 2012

At least one thing I learned this summer

In case you aren't aware Megan and I LOVE to travel! We have taken many adventures to include weekend jaunts across the country and have traveled on virtually every mode of transportation. As much as I enjoy the journey, the packing and luggage restrictions inevitably lead to me pacing around the house in an ADD state. Well, this summer I learned some things about the procedure that have changed the way I look at the whole task.

I stole this image from the internet just to demonstrate.
First, being an Army brat I've watched The Chief pack for LONG periods of time all my life. I always looked on slightly confused as he rolled the contents of his suitcase. Fast forward all these years later and I realize  here's another area where I should have just listened to my parents FIRST! HELLO!! This works!! (Maybe the rest of you already knew this, but I've been neatly folding my clothes all these years and complaining about how they don't fit in the suitcase.)

Megan's preferred color




Enter the next packing tidbit: packing cubes. I must give credit that Megan found these first and raved about them last summer (when she was the only one with a small enough suitcase to meet carry-on restrictions). However, at the time they didn't come in yellow and I refused to purchase them. This summer, without any calls on my part to their customer satisfaction department, they unveiled the new colors. You guessed it-- YELLOW! So, Amazon here I come! They come in a variety of sizes and they allow you to compartmentalize your luggage. This will ease your mind if you are anticipating any random luggage checks. (Of course, I just get the random bomb swab test when I fly!)

AH! YELLOW!!


Now add the rolled luggage to the packing cubes and VoilĂ ! ... You're able to fit it all in the smaller suitcase. Even if you have a *slight* shoe fetish like me! Now I know you're going to ask... aren't the clothes wrinkled after all the rolling and packing cubes? The answer: not any more than they normally are after the TSA throws it all over the runway. Nothing an iron or a little 'wrinkle releaser' won't fix.


How the cubes look in your luggage. 



I hope that this little helpful hint can help all your travel woes as well as they did ours! While we are preparing to put our suitcases back in the closet (at least for the long escapades) in preparation for another 10 months of work, maybe you can use these tips in the meantime! Happy Travels!!







1 comment:

  1. What a cute blog name and these look sweet! Glad I found ya!

    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete